Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  This is the day to celebrate your sweetie and maybe your sweet tooth too.  But I'm looking forward to a night off from the kitchen and plenty of time with a good book.  In lieu of presents this year (did you hear that honey, IN LIEU OF PRESENTS), my hubby has agreed to make dinner and wash the dishes, so that means that I get a whole night of reading.  Plus, since my hubby will be otherwise engaged, he also can't watch Game of Thrones, so I won't have to ignore battle cries all night either!  Bonus!

So, what should I do with all of this newfound free time?  I'm thinking that a Kindle book purchase is in my future tonight.  But what to buy?





First up, Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff.  What?  Too obvious?   Really this book has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, but rather it's all about a killer on the loose.  Very romantic, I'm sure.









For a little more romance, then try the new Heist Society book from Ally Carter, Perfect Scoundrels.  I know that I said I was getting tired of this series, but I say that about every series.  Katarina and Hale are supposed to get a little closer on this heist which could make things very interesting.










And now for something completely different!  The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angelberger.  Not because it has anything to do with Valentine's Day, but because I've wanted to read it for ages.





 


And this little dark book would be great for all those boycotting Valentine's Day.  The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs comes from the interesting mind of Newbery-winner Jack Gantos.  It combines love, family, and taxidermy-not necessarily in the order.









Finally, I own The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and it's been sitting on my shelf for months, but due to the depressing nature of the book, I'm not allowed to read it.  It is a subject matter not approved for Tiffany, according to my hubby.  But if you can't cry your eyes out on Valentine's Day, when can you?  True, it would ruin Valentine's, so not tonight, maybe not ever.  



What to do, what to do?  I'm thinking The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, personally.  I've been on a full YA bender lately and a little middle grade fiction is the perfect thing to cut through the drama.  And who wants drama on Valentine's Day!  I just want chicken alfredo and a clean kitchen.  Did you hear that honey, that's all!  And a Kindle book and two hours of uninterrupted reading.  That's not too much to ask, is it?

What will you be reading this Valentine's Day?

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment