Friday, November 8, 2013

Five Things


Work is not particularly easy when you're a professional librarian working as a secretary.  This isn't exactly where I thought I would be, but it's where I am and I have to be thankful for that.  So, in that spirit, I started jotting down five things every morning.  But in a totally non-cheesy way.  I call my list:

Five Things to Brighten Your Day
Despite the BS That May Get in Your Way

Catchy right?  I have a little notebook I keep in my bag and I write down five funny or touching or random things to keep me focused on being positive.  For instance, funny songs on the radio.  This morning I heard the super club remix of Roar by Katy Perry before 8:00 am.  That's odd.  I'm also often thankful for coffee.  Sometimes multiple times in one day.  Also making the list quite often my hubby (who just had a birthday!) and my dog.  Reading is also a big one.

To me it's not quite as hokey as  Gratitude Journal, which if that's what you like, cool, but I feel a little hippy-dippy doing those.  This is mostly just funny things that make me smile.  

So, when BS threatens to ruin your day, just remember that your favorite pajamas and a big cup of hot chocolate are waiting for you at home.  That's gotten me through more than one day!

Happy Reading!

1 comment: