Friday, March 7, 2014

Break Out!

It's Spring Break Time!!  Soon, colleges and universities across the country will be will releasing winter -weary students to sunny destinations.  And this winter-weary secretary is hoping to soak up some sun too.  That means, next week will be very quiet around here….as if it's not quiet around here already.  It's a reading and library blog, and I always use my library whisper.

And because soaking up the sun means reading in the sunshine, here are some books that I'm hoping to get to in the coming week.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

I actually started reading this a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't gain much momentum.  It's good, in a quiet way, so I just have to give it some time.  Plus, it's an adult novel so it counts double.
 We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

I've heard so much buzz about this book, which hopefully will be a good thing, and it seems like the perfect steamy, surprising read.
Diamonds and Deceit by Leila Rasheed

I enjoyed the first At Somerton book and again, I started this one, but quickly got lost in the huge cast of characters.  I'll print off a character list for this Downton Abbey-like beach read.







Any books that you can't wait to read in the sunshine?  Or maybe you just have a long nap in sun planned.  Either way, remember your sunscreen and a bookmark!

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment