Thursday, January 23, 2014

Let's Pretend It's Spring for a Minute


Let's face it, winter is a disaster this year.  Two polar vortexes (vortices, vorti?) in three weeks, buckets of snow, dead car batteries, puffy jackets, multiple pair of socks, I'm just over it.  But at least there are some great new releases coming this spring that I can look forward to.  And if I'm really lucky, I'll be able to read on the deck because it will be at least 50 degrees outside come April.  Actually, I would take 40 degrees right now, or a 32 degree day with no wind.  Or a plane ticket to somewhere warm.

Anyway, Dreams of Gods and Monsters will be released on April 8, and we all have to hope that the weather will be less strumpety by then.  (I'm not exactly sure why cold weather is so "strumpey", but that's my word of choice, and just know that it's a bad thing!)  Until then I think that I'll catch up on other reading and maybe reread Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Days of Blood and Starlight, or at least sections to get me back into the world seraphim and chimera.  Hopefully it's less cold there.

While you wait, I suggest that you check out Laini Taylor's latest blog post on what the internet is doing to our expectations.  Check out this line:  "I know there are no dragons, but I still want one. I know there is no perfect, rich, organized, effortless life, but I still want it."  Well said.

And I know there is no 70 degree, sunny, picture perfect Illinois reality in January, but I still want it!  

Until then, stay warm and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment