Monday, May 4, 2015

Happy Children's Book Week!


How do you celebrate Children's Book Week when you are a secretary?  Bring books to the office of course!  I've wanted to bring books to the office for a while now.  I figure that it will be a great distraction from the stress of finals week, and that CBW falls so closely to finals is just a great excuse.  My theory is that students can read a book, reminisce and relax for 5 minutes.  I haven't had any takers yet, but my display has only been up for about 2 hours.  It is right next to the candy basket, and I usually have a lot of people looking for candy in the afternoon, so I am excited to see what happens.

You got a glimpse of Ali Pie's bookshelf yesterday, so you know that this is only a fraction of her collection.  And some of these came from my collection in the basement library bar.  Our library bar is a very diverse collection striving to serve the needs of children, civil engineers, and soccer fans.  The Erickson Library has a very odd collection development policy.

I'll let you know how my experiment goes later in the week.  Hopefully I'm able to brighten some students day with a little nostalgia.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment