Friday, August 23, 2013

Blissed Out


Have you met Harry Bliss?  He's a children's illustrator extraordinaire and cartoonist for The New Yorker (how fancy!).  Aside from his dozens of recognizable children's book characters, he does funny, strange, and thoughtful drawings and posts them on his website.  And if you're really smart, like me, you can join his email list and get new cartoons everyday straight to your inbox.  Now, I will warn you, Harry Bliss is an extremely intelligent man and sometimes I look at the cartoon and go:  okay, maybe someone else finds that hilarious but I don't get it.

But, there are some absolute gems, for a geek like me!  Take last Friday's cartoon.


I'm a book nerd so I find this funny.  It's currently posted on my bulletin board, and my Pinterest.  

If you only know Harry Bliss for his children's illustrations, I suggest you check out his other work too, and if you don't know Harry Bliss, I suggest you two get acquainted.  What better way to spend your Friday than having a good chuckle while searching through harrybliss.com!

Happy Reading!

P.S.  Harry Bliss has no idea who I am, but I just love this stuff, so I'm passing that love on to you.  Think of it as a book review, but with a website instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment