Thursday, June 21, 2012

Big Appetites!!

So, I've already shared a Fun Food storytime, but what about BIG APPETITES!  It's a fun theme that about more than just your run of the mill food stories.  Just check it out!


Big Appetites!
The Incredible Book Eating Boy
Opening Song:  Bendable, Stretchable by Georgiana Stewart

Opening Rhyme:  Dance Your Fingers
Dance your fingers up, dance your fingers down, dance your fingers to the side, dance them round and round.
Dance them on your shoulders, dance them on your head, dance them on your belly, now put them to bed.

Book:  The Incredible Boy Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers

Rhyme:  Chocolate Rhyme:
I'm The Biggest Thing in the Ocean Chocolate, chocolate tastes so sweet, how much chocolate can I eat?
Chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, chocolate ice cream double-dips
Chocolate candy, chocolate bars, chocolate cookies in a cookie jar
Chocolate syrup, chocolate drops, chocolate in my lollipops
Chocolate cream pie, chocolate shake.
Too much chocolate means a tummy ache!

Book:  I’m the Biggest Thing in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry
I Know An Old Lady
Rhyme:  Caught a Million Fish
Caught a million fish, what’ll I do? (3x)
I’ll bring them home to show you
Alligator ate some, what’ll I do? (3x)
I’ll bring the rest to show you.
Cat ate some, raccoon ate some, what else could eat some?
Three fish left, what’ll I do? (3x)
I’ll have to tell the tale to you.


Book:  I Know an Old Lady by G. Brian Karas

Song:  There was an old lady who swallowed a cheeseburger
Click Here for the text to this song, and maybe print out some pictures to reinforce what the old lady is eating.
Harry Hungry!
Book:  Harry Hungry by Steven Salerno


Rhyme:  Great Big Cookie
I am a great big cookie, chocolately and round
Filled with lots of chocolate chips, the best that can be found.
I am a great big cookie, take a bite of me.
Tasty, sweet, delicious.  I’m oh so yummy.
I was a great big cookie, the very best around.
Now there’s nothing left of me, just crumbs upon the ground.

Little Pea
Rhyme:  3 Cookies
A great big cookie, a medium-sized cookie, a teeny-tiny cookie I see
Let’s count them—1, 2, 3!

Book:  Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Closing Song:  Thank You Clap
My hands say thank you with a clap, clap, clap
My feet say thank you with a tap, tap, tap
Clap, clap, clap, tap, tap, tap
And now we say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment