Monday, June 4, 2012

Funny Food

Summer food is the best!  Picnics and barbeques and ice cream and garden fresh fruits and veggies.  So, summer is the best time to do a food story time.  Luckily, there are a lot of great books out there about wacky, crazy food.

Bonus, you don't have to be a good cook to read a good book!


Funny Food
Preschool Storytime

Opening Song:  Bendable, Strectchable by Georgiana Stewart
Opening Rhyme: My Hands
 Make my hands go up, make my hands go down, make my hands go to the side, then go round and round.
Dance them on my shoulders, dance them on my head, dance the on my belly and now put them to bed.

Book:  On Top of Spaghetti by Paul Brett Johnson

Rhyme:  Five Little Sausages
Five little sausages frying in the pan
The oil got hot and one went BAM!
Keep counting down until all your sausages are gone!

Book:  Burger Boy by Alan Durant

Song:  Banana Song
Bananas unite, bananas split
Peel bananas, peel peel bananas WOO!
Peel bananas, peel peel bananas WOO!
Bananas to the left!  Bananas to the right!
Peel your banana and WOO take a bite!
Go bananas, go go bananas WOO!

Story:  The Giant Carrot
I just tell this story, so go to your library and search Giant Carrot or Enormous Carrot or try to stump the librarian by saying you need a book about a giant carrot. 

Rhyme:  Carrots
See the carrots in the ground,
I pull them hard without a sound.
I wash and clean them up and down
I love to eat them all year round!

Book:  To Market to Market by Anne Miranda
 
Rhyme:  Gardening Song
First you take a shovel, a rake and a hoe
Plant a little garden, plant seeds in a row
Water them and weed them through all the summer heat
And then you’ll have fruits and vegetables to eat.

Closing Song:  Thank You Clap
My hands say thank you with a clap, clap, clap
My feet say thank you with a tap, tap, tap
Clap, clap, clap, tap, tap, tap
And now we say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment