Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Shark vs. Train



Shark vs. Train by Chris Barton and illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld has everything a kid could ever want from a book!  So, why not do an entire storytime about it?  


Shark vs. Train! 

Opening Song:  Good Morning
Shark vs. TrainGood morning, good morning, how are you, how are you?
Good morning, good morning, how are you, how are you?
How are you this special day, I'm so glad I came to play!
Good morning, good morning, how are you, how are you?
 
Opening Rhyme:  My Hands
The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad SharkMake my hands go up, make my hands go down.
Make my hands go to the side, then go round and round.
Dance them on my shoulders, dance them on my head.
Dance them on my belly, and now put them to bed!

Book:  Shark vs. Train by Tom Lichtenheld

Rhyme:  Choo Choo Train
Choo-choo train, choo-choo train, puffing down the track
Now we’re going forward, now we’re going back
Dinosaur Train Now the bell is ringing (ding-ding), now the whistle blows (toot-toot)
We can make a lot of noise everywhere we go!

Book:  The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark by Ken Geist

Rhyme:  Teasing Mr. Sharkie
Five little fishies swimming in the sea
Teasing Mr. Sharkie, can’t catch me, can’t catch me
Along comes Mr. Sharkie, quiet as can be and he goes snap!

Book:  Dinosaur Train by John Steven Gurney

Song:  Peanut Sat On the Railroad Track
A peanut sat on the railroad track, his heart was all aflutter
Smiley Shark Along came a choo-choo train, now he’s peanut butter!
A grape sat on the railroad track, getting all hot and sweaty
Along came a choo-choo train, now that grape is jelly!
You put some peanut butter on the bread, then you take some jelly.
You fold it up and you take a bit, now it’s in your belly!
The Goodnight Train 
Book:  Smiley Shark by Ruth Galloway

Rhyme:  Slippery Fish
Slippery fish, slippery fish, swimming in the water
Slipper fish, slippery fish, gulp, gulp, gulp!
Oh no!  He’s been eaten by a Jellyfish
Jellyfish, tuna fish, great white shark, enormous whale
Gulp, gulp, gulp.  Oh no!  He’s been eaten by me!

Book:  Goodnight Train by June Sobel

Vote:  Shark or Train?



No comments:

Post a Comment