Friday, May 10, 2013

Lilacs!


This is my favorite time of year for many and assorted reasons and one of them is lilacs.  There are dozens and dozens of lilac bushes all over town so that great scent just finds you at random.  Sadly, I do not have a lilac bush yet, but it's in the master plan.  But both of my neighbors have lilac bushes, so I still have that wonderful fragrance wafting through my window.

We had two big lilac bushes at the first house I lived in.  The memory of those flowers is one of my strongest from childhood.  We had a tiny galley kitchen in that house and we would bring in lilac cuttings and place them in green plastic water cups and the whole kitchen seemed to expand and brighten with that scent.  It was amazing!

Even on this cool, rainy morning the smell of lilacs makes everything just a little bit brighter, so I recommend that you stop and smell the flowers today, and maybe snap a picture.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment