Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Books and Food

5 Things to Brighten Your Day
Despite the BS that May Get in Your Way

1.  Finally making some progress in Dreams of Gods and Monsters.  And by progress, I mean I read for over two hours and finished only 10% of the book.  It's a long one!

2.  A work errand that will take me out of the office today.  Who knows if I'll come back!

3.  Chocolate chip muffins for breakfast.  I might as well have had cake, but it was yummy.

4.  Green tea with honey.  Every morning Doug and I make our tea-his black with sugar, mine green with honey-and about once a week he asks me if I need the sugar to which I reply "No, I use honey."  A simple no would suffice, but I like to be specific.

5.  Plenty to do today at work, so just keep busy.  Not only does it make the time go faster, but if you're busy, people are less likely to bother you.  I hope anyway.

I'm starting to regret not taking that cataloging class more seriously in grad school.  I could have made a great cataloger, sitting in my cubicle, obsessively entering my MARC records, getting angry with the children's librarians for wanting a Theo LeSieg book in with the Dr. Seuss books, rarely emerging from my haze of metadata for anything other than coffee or more paper clips.  Sounds like bliss!

But, alas, I am not a cataloger today.  Maybe tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment