Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Magic!

I owe you some posts!  I owe you a post about VBS.  My credit card bill reminded me that I haven't turned in all my receipts yet, so I'll get that done and tell you how it went later this week.

I also owe you a post on a crazy charity event I went to this weekend.  Hint, it involved teams, costumes, and crude jokes.  Admit it-you're curious!

But first, here's a rhyme that had one daycare saying "wow, it's magic".  Then they applauded.  Seriously.  It was pretty amazing.

The Rainbow Song!


I like to do this song with a big stock pot and wooden spoon.  I like to wear an apron for storytimes.  I had pockets where I would keep my rhymes and some small props, so I kept my "ingredients" in my apron pockets-usually just the fruit printed on cardstock.  Then, I kept colored squares of paper and the final product in the bottom of the stock pot.  So, just go along with the song and do as it says.  It's a crowd-pleaser!


Take some cherries, put them in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Pour it out and what will it be?
The prettiest red you ever did see. 

Take an orange, put it in the pot.
Stir it stir it, stir it a lot.
Pour it out and what will it be?
The prettiest orange you ever did see.

Take a lemon, put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Pour it out and what will it be?
The prettiest yellow you ever did see.

Take some limes, put them in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Pour it out and what will it be?
The prettiest green you ever did see.

Take some berries, put them in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Pour it out and what will it be?
The prettiest blue you ever did see.

Take some grapes, put them in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Pour it out and what will it be?
The prettiest purple you ever did see.

Red and orange, yellow and green,
Blue and purple colors are seen.
Put them together, what will they be?
The prettiest rainbow you ever did see.

***********************************************************
Just a quick little song for a Tuesday morning.  This rhyme works great for color recognition, storytimes about rain, cooking, imagination.  I'm not a big flannel board person, but this would make a great flannel board.  I prefer props, and for me, I got the most amazement out of using my magic pot.  However you choose to present this song, make sure you do it with enthusiasm and your kids will love it!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment