Friday, July 27, 2012

What's On Your Head?



Want to make your storytime kids laugh?  Wear a funny hat.  Better yet-act like there is nothing strange about the cowboy hat, or pink fuzzy hat, or viking helmet that you are wearing.  This one is guaranteed to be a classic.



What’s on Your Head?

Opening Song:  Bendable, Stretchable by Georgiana Stewart
Imogene's Antlers 
Opening Rhyme:  Dance Your Fingers
Dance your fingers up, dance your fingers down.  
Dance your fingers to the side, dance them round and round.
Dance them on your shoulders, dance them on your head.
Dance them on your belly, and now put them to bed. 

Book:  Imogene’s Antlers by David Small

Rhyme:  Do Your Antlers Hang High?
Do your antlers hang high?
Do they reach up to the sky?
Do they keep you up at night?
No! That's Wrong! Do they make your way so tight?
Do they bump into the trees
Do they make it hard for knees?
Do your antlers hang high?

Book:  No!  That’s Wrong! by Zhaohua Ji and Cui Xu

Rhyme:  My Hat
My hat it has three corners
Three corners has my hat
And had it not three corners
It would not be my hat

Song:   Mexican Hat Dance
A Three Hat Day from Action Songs for Preschoolers by Georgiana Stewart

Book:  Three Hat Day by Laura Geringer
     It's a little long, but if you practice, it can work for younger ones.

Rhyme:    Silly Hat Song
On my head I wear my hat
It is such a silly hat
That my head will wiggle waggle to and fro
Where else can my silly hat go?

There is a Bird on Your Head!Book:  There is a Bird on Your Head by Mo Willems

Rhyme:  Little Bird
I saw a little bird go hop , hop, hop
I told the little bird to stop, stop, stop
I went to the window to say ‘How do you do?’
He wagged his little tail and away he flew!

Closing Song:  Thank You Clap
My hands say thank you with a clap, clap, clap
My feet say thank you with a tap, tap, tap.
Clap, clap, clap, tap, tap, tap
And now we say goodbye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment