Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ready for Something Cozy


You might remember from this post from last week that I have been feeling a little anti-social.  Well, now it's blown into a full on I-want-to-hibernate-with-a-book-athon.  Basically it's just a combination of little things.  Everyone has those days where it feels like you are on repeat and you just want a nice calm break.  My perfect break would include sleeping in, comfy clothes all day, good books, and so on.

So, I am ready for something cozy.  Here's my wish list.

1.  The Keep it Casual shirt by Mark by Avon.  Doesn't it look so cozy!  And relatively lightweight, so if I would wear it now, I wouldn't die of heat exhaustion.  It would look great with my dark skinny jeans and big boots with a scarf, or just with yoga pants and a messy ponytail as I read myself into oblivion (which, let's be real, is the more likely pairing).


2.  Bright Young Days by Anna Godbersen.  It's like Gossip Girl, but set in the 1920's so it's not as mind-rotting, but a perfect guilty pleasure.

Beautiful Days (Bright Young Things, #2)

3.  The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch.  This about a debutante society in Savannah with a dark secret.  Great day-off reading and perfect for a cozy day.

The Magnolia League (Magnolia League, #1)

4.  Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink.  I read the previous two Sisters of Prophecy books and now I just want to know what happens.  The first book was great, the second just okay, and what's with changing the cover!  The first cover was creepy and beautiful and the next two covers are just generic.  Anyway.  Paranormal twin mystery where the good twin might be the bad twin and they might be working with the devil.  It's crazy but in a good way.

Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters, #3)Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1)
Book 3 on is on the left, but seriously, look at the Book 1 cover!  How cool is that?!  This might demand another post someday.  And by someday, I mean tomorrow.

5.  A fireplace

6.  A big, soft blanket that doesn't leave fuzz all over me.

7.  Hot apple cider with apple cider donuts for breakfast.  I'm cozy just thinking about it!

8.  This mug for obvious reasons.

9.  A full day, alone, with no housework, real work, review work, or cell phone to distract me.

10.  Maybe an evening walk with the dog through the fall leaves.

I so want a cozy day!  I'm so ready for fall!  But mostly I want to hibernate with a big stack of books.  Ever had a day like that?  What would be on your cozy list?

Happy Reading








No comments:

Post a Comment