Thursday, July 19, 2012

When Anthony Reads

Time for my views to skyrocket!

While I was going through my camera to find pictures for my post tomorrow, I ran across this great pic of Anthony reading to Grandma and Grandpa Tractor.

Anthony reading on the Kindle in July
Yes, he is reading on my Kindle.  No, not a children's book that would interest him.  I usually try to put it on Peter Pan, or something that does not have offense language.  My sister would kill me if I left it on Kitchen Confidential, even though he can't really "read".

Anthony loves to read!  And the funny thing is that he did the same reading-on-the-Kindle thing when we met him November, with one key difference.

 Anthony reading in November at my parent's house.

In November, Anthony started all of his reading with "Once'd apon'd a-time.." followed by a string of Anthony-ese that was way beyond comprehension.

Now, his stories go like this, "Dear God, thank you for Grandpa Tractor and Grandma Tractor and Aunt Wu, and Wucy and Mommy and Daddy.  The End"  Or some variation of this theme that just makes you want to cry and hug him. 

So, in only 8 months, not only can you actually understand 90% of what Anthony says, my sis and bro-in-law have shown him the incredible love of God, and he totally gets it!

Way to go little man!  You can read me a story anytime!

Anthony showing me how it's done!

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. As much as I do enjoy his new stories, I sort of miss "Once'd apon'd a-time.." He loves and misses his proud Aunt "Wu".

    ReplyDelete