Friday, April 26, 2013

Losing Steam


When I first started this blog about 11 months ago, I was full of great ideas and theories about reading.  I knew I could bang out several book reviews per week and I could post old storytimes.  I thought that this will be a super easy, fun way to stay connected to children's literature.  And it was, for a while.

Lately I haven't had much time to read, and my reading theories are about exhausted.  I feel like I have hit a wall.  Everyone goes through those times when you just feel like you can't catch up to yourself, and I am definitely feeling that right now.  

I am determined not to become some abandoned blog though.  I do still enjoy posting a really fun craft idea, or finding a book that makes me believe in humanity.  I like sharing those things.  I like watching my stats go up, even slowly.  I like feeling like I am bringing new books and ideas to people, even if those people are only my family and friends.  

So, I apologize for the slow pace lately, I really don't have an excuse other than I haven't been reading much.  Sometimes even a really enjoyable book like Seraphina can take a while.  And there are other books that I absolutely cannot get myself to read, like The Scorpio Races.  Maybe that's my next blog post--Good books that you just can't get through.

My main point here is, I'm sorry if I've been to silent lately, but stay tuned, here's more to come!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment