Tuesday, June 10, 2014

5 Things: Rainy Days

5 Things to Brighten Your Day
Despite the BS that May Get in Your Way

1. Pre-8 am Ke$ha.  It's just ridiculous to hear a party song on the way to work.  

2.  I'm a farmer's daughter, so I know that a well-timed rain is a beautiful thing, and while those mowing hay are a little irked by it, we're dry and need the rain for the crops.

3.  Today I will make my fourth donation to Locks of Love.  I'm so ready to get my hair cut after two years of growing it out.  If I were smarter, I would cut my hair in March and have nice, short, cool hair all summer long, but I'm not that smart, so getting it cut in early summer will have to do.

4.  There's another Kate Spade flash sale, but I'm only window shopping!  My Visa is still in recovery from all of the little things that we are picking up here and there for our new arrival.  

5.  Yesterday was my first day volunteering at Colchester Library!  It was a drive-by story time of sorts, but so much fun.  There were about 30 kids gathered on the lawn outside the library, which happens to sit on a busy highway, and did I mention there was an alpaca?  There were plenty of things competing for the kids' attention, but most of them were engaged with the stories.  Yesterday was Wacky Pets so I read One Cool Friend by Toni Buzzeo and The Day Jimmy's Boa Ate the Wash by Trinka Hakes Noble.  Better yet, I've been asked to do a little more next week, so I'll add a book and another activity. That's all fine with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment