Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Let me see you get excited!!

I realized while looking over my recent posts that I haven't done a non-review post in some time, and since my reading has slowed a bit with the end of winter break, now's the perfect time to tell you all of the things that have me excited this morning.


1.  My upcoming ALSC class:  Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Programs Made Easy.  This online class will start next week and hopefully I'll learn how to integrate a little fun into science, or a little science into fun.  Plus, this one comes with continuing ed credits, which as a secretary I don't need, but will look great on my resume.

2.  Youth Media Awards on January 28.  While I haven't been following the awards race close enough, I'm still very excited to hear the winners, and honorees.


3.  Pre-Registration for the ALA Annual Conference starts Monday!  I'm going to start pinching my pennies, but luckily my sis-in-law is going to hook me up with free lodging.  I am super excited about this one since it will be my first, full ALA conference.  And even though it's not until the summer, there is still a lot to do to prepare.  I have to get business cards and learn the el lines and find a suitable bag.  That last one alone could take months.

Plus, the days are getting longer, can you tell?  I know that you can tell, mom, you start saying that at Christmas.  And my I've stuck to my resolution to eat better, and eat less candy, pretty well so far.  I ordered Twizzlers for the office because I don't like them so I won't eat them.  Swimsuit season here I come!  And I could say some amazing things about a local sports team, but I don't want to jinx them.  So, there is a lot to be excited about, library related and not, around here.  Sometimes you just have to look for it!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment