Thursday, January 17, 2013

Picture Perfect Moments

If there's one thing that will help you understand this blog more, it's this:  I'm terrible at taking photos.  I'm absolutely awful at that.  And I've come to live with it.  I'm not going to beat myself up for not having gorgeous pictures of every day events, or vacations, or holidays.  I can't tell you how many times Doug and I have left the house and made sure to take the camera, only to leave it tucked in my purse the entire trip.

But you don't need a camera anymore when there are cell phones, right?  True, our cells take pretty good pictures, but still, we just don't think about it.  Our phones stay in our pockets and we forget to capture whatever moment we are living.

And that's the point!  I'm living those moments, not trying to freeze them.  I say all of this because in the past couple of days, I've seen some great shots and I took an extra second to capture for myself-Lucy all squeezed into her too small dog bed, sunlight through the clouds, the last day I got my prime parking spot.  I could have taken out my phone, told Lucy to stay smooshed in her bed, forced the moment and taken the picture, but instead I settled for the live version, which is good enough for me.

I've heard it said that with all of the social networking done today that people are so busy trying to document every part of their lives that they forget to live it.  Well, at least I don't have that problem.  I might worry my life away, spend my time dreaming about the future, or planning for the future, or hurrying along today, but I am letting those picture perfect moments stay perfect.

Just a short opinion piece for a lovely, but cold Thursday.  Find some time to appreciate something that is beautiful today, and leave the camera in your pocket.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment