Monday, January 14, 2013

My Resolution Update and Some Books for Good Measure

I finished a book this weekend, but I realize that it does not really warrant its own post, mostly since it's an adult book, but also because I can't really get all classy about it.


If I'm not reading children's lit, I'm reading chick lit, and no one does chick lit better than Meg Cabot.  In Size 12 and Ready to Rock, Heather Wells-former pop-star, present dorm mom, future investigator, works to find out what's behind the threats being thrown at Tania Trace, the woman that stole her boyfriend and career.  But Heather is in a better place now with her new fiancĂ©, Cooper, and she loves her job even though it makes her crazy.  This is just a continuation of the previous 3 books in the series.  It's light, quick, fun and recommended for any chick lit lover.  

I honestly have nothing more to say on that book, so let's move on to my next book.


I was having a smelly day at work and bought The Mark of Athena as a treat.  Is it just me or is this volume longer than the previous books.  It weighs in at nearly 600 pages, and it's taking forever to get that little progress bar on my Kindle to move, but it's a good story, very typical of Rick Riordan and I'm loving it.  Although I seem to have forgotten nearly everything that happened in the last book, so I'm lost.

In other book related news, I'm continuing through my Happiness Project, and cranking this thing out double time.  I started the February chapter the other day, and I'll start trying to put those resolutions into practice.  As far as the January resolutions go, I've been hanging in there.  One resolution is to get more sleep-well I love sleep, so check!  Exercise more-Doug and I are both all over that one, and my skinny jeans are a little more forgiving now because of it.  Tackle one nagging task-yep-my book reviews went out and my basement is much more presentable.  Now just to keep it up while juggling more resolutions.

And speaking of resolutions, I've made quite a few on this blog.  My Amazon addiction-mastered!  I've been so good the past two months!  And my credit card balance thanks me!  Also, I am no longer hopelessly addicted to Pinterest.  I've only been on a handful of times since Christmas, and for no longer than 5 minutes.  I've resisted getting sucked in, but I do still pin cool stuff for later.  If you follow me on Pinterest, expect some great VBS boards soon.  And I pledged to read 100 books on GoodReads this year.  I am only 2 books in, but since I'm a children's book reader, I can bang out 20 books in an afternoon, and I will if it gets me to my goal!  I am thinking about blasting through the Monarchs, just so I have read one Illinois award list.  

Here's hoping 2013 is the best year yet!

Happy Reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment