Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5 Things: Sunny Days



5 Things to Brighten Your Day
Despite the BS that May Get in Your Way

1. My yard is sunny now!  Doug and I had to get two trees removed, one chokecherry that was poisoning our dog every fall and one locust that was huge and mostly dead and could have crushed our house any minute.  That last part might be an exaggeration, but still.


 Here's an in-progress and after shot.  That's a lot of tree to remove, but our yard already looks brighter and more fun.  Plus, there's so much more room for activities!

2.  There's a Kate Spade Flash Sale today, and this little mama has her eye on a baby bag!

3.  I found a pink ink pen in my pen collection and am using it at random.  It makes me feel 12 again.

4.  I love just hanging out in the nursery, which I would say is about 72% finished.  If we had the baby tomorrow, we could make it work, but it's not quite there yet.  But yesterday, Doug, Lucy dog and I just sat in there for a bit.  Everything is going to change so fast, so it's nice to enjoy the quiet moments for now.

5.  Apparently, I'm just a little pregnant lady.  I measured small at my appointment again yesterday, so we were treated to a surprise sonogram to check for growth.  The good news is that our little biscuit is growing just fine, and it looks like I'll get my little baby.  She's about 3.5 pounds right now and so that means she'll likely be in the 6-7 pound range at birth.  Totally doable!

Where did last week go?  Seriously, I was here, but forgot to check in.  Promise you'll forgive me?  


No comments:

Post a Comment