Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chopped


Consider this part one of my August Wrap-Up.  I have a weird goal.  I would like to donate 66 inches of hair to Locks of Love.  That would be a donation equal to my height.  So, this August, I cut off 11 inches to bring my total up to 35 inches over the past 6 years.


As you can see, above is the before.  My hair doesn't even quite fit in the frame!


And here is my hair after.  I had to go pretty short as you can see, but since I've donated twice before, I'm pretty used to short hair.  I wanted to grow my hair even longer and donate a crazy amount late this winter, but I couldn't get my hair dry and get to work on time anymore, so time to cut!

Here are the before and after pics from the last time I donated in November 2010.


Okay, I know that the bangs were bad.  Don't blame my stylist-she was great, but I insisted that she cut them short so I wouldn't have to get a band trim for a long time.  I was totally wrong! 

And speaking of bad photos, here are some before and after-ish shots of my first donation to Locks of Love way back in 2006.


The first pic is from my friend's wedding in July 2006 and the second pic is from December 2006.  All told, I donated about 14 inches that time, so these two pics don't quite do my donation justice.  Also, this further proves my belief that I take terrible pictures.  Although I look exactly like my mom in that second picture.  I swear that we have a pic of her like this from every single Christmas. 

Okay, now for some fun!  Let's put all the long hair pics together and all the short hair pics together and see how little I've aged.


So, from left to right, we have 2006, 2010 and 2012 long hair edition.


And 2006, 2010, and 2012 short hair edition.  If I do say so myself, I look good for 30!  I honestly thought that 30 would hit me in the face like a ton of bricks, but it's not bad.  Although for some reason I photograph better with long hair.  Oh well!

And my newest short hair pic is cropped from this gem with my Aunt Roxie:


More on my lovely Cincinnati vacation later!  

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment