Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Post-Christmas!!

Are you basking in the glow of a successful Christmas?  I certainly am!  Not only did I get all of the books on my Christmas list, but I was able to read all the books on my Christmas Break Reading List.  That's right, here's what you can look forward to in the coming days:

Reviews of:
1.  Skippyjon Jones Picture Books
2.  Going Bovine by Libba Bray
3.  Fiona Frost and the Murder at Foster Manor by Bon Blossman
4.  Stupid Perfect World by Scott Westerfeld
5.  Feed by M. T. Anderson

Now, I need to formulate a reading plan for the New Year!  I realized that I have a ton of galleys piling up on my Kindle, and other Kindle Daily Deal books that have been wasting away on my virtual shelves, hence the upcoming review of Feed, so I am going to try to get to some of those books before long.  Also, when I came home from a long Christmas trip last night, I had four review books straight from the publisher!  I'm moving up in the review world!  So, I'll have to employ my mad skimming skills and get those out to you too.

Also, I received The Happiness Project and Happier at Home, both by Gretchen Rubin, from my sis-in-law.  The chapters are divided by month, but I've always been a fast learner, so I figure that I'll read a new chapter every other week, so at that rate, I should be crazy-style happy and organized by this time next year.  Not that I'm not happy now, because I am, but there's always room for more happy!

And, I need to dig into Blog, Inc. by Joy Cho and find out how to make this blog bigger and better.  How's that for a New Year's Resolution!

Speaking of New Year's Resolutions, I'm still mulling mine over, but most years I vow to read more big kid books, but this year I am going to make a resolution that is a little more attainable-I'm going to keep reading books that I enjoy and are shaking up the children's book world.  Although I think that I'll make  more of an effort to read the Caudills this year.

Any reading resolutions for you this year?  Let me know!  And if you just can't wait for my book reviews, check out my reviews on Goodreads.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment