Friday, March 8, 2013

Blogs I Love to Read

I'm a little late to the blogging party.  Honestly, I never even heard of a blog until I read Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell.  For Julie, it all started with an idea to cook her way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I by Julia Child and just talk about it.  Then it became a book, then a movie, then another book.

Aside:  Julie and Julia is hilarious, but the girl has a potty mouth, so be prepared.  Also, her second book Cleaving got a little weird.  I didn't even finish it and I have a pretty high weird tolerance, so proceed with caution.

Here's a list of blogs that I read regularly and that inspire me to keep going:

1.  Young House Love.  My former co-worker hold me about this blog after seeing it in the paper because she knew that I just moved into a new house.  It's a home design blog, with a good dose of everyday life.  What I like most about this blog is that it's fun, simple, and they are very honest about their life and work.

2.  Bower Power.  From YHL, I found Bower Power, all about a darling, growing family in Atlanta.  Again, it's mostly about home renovation, but it contains plenty of posts about daily life.  And also quite funny.

3.  Nice Girl Notes.  I'm not sure what the central thesis of this blog really is, but Roo is just funny.  (Do you notice that I have a thing about funny blogs?)   Her blog is a lighthearted look at being a mom working from home with three adorable little girls.

4.  Cinjoella.  Joella and I went to library school together and she is hands down the best librarian I have ever meet.  She works in Utah, which entirely makes me want to move.  I'm either marveling at her programming skills or her crafting skills every time I visit her blog.

5.  Laini Taylor.  Yes, Laini Taylor of Daughter of Smoke and Bone fame regularly writes on her blog and I couldn't be happier about that!  She shares these amazing photos of her vacations, which you can just imagine inspire her writing, plenty of writing tips and tricks, and just life in general posts.  It's like getting a little glimpse into what goes on when writing such terrific books.

Those are the blogs that I like to check out a couple times a week, or day if it's a slow one!  Mostly I just love reading about normal people doing what they love.  Hopefully that's what this blog is too.  I love reading and I certainly talk about it enough, but I also like to chat about family, friends, and other events in my life.

What about you?  Do you have a blog suggestion, or maybe you write a blog that I need to check out.  Just leave me a note and let me know!

Happy Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment