Thursday, March 7, 2013

Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping


In this adventure, Scaredy Squirrel decides that he would like to enjoy the great outdoors from the comfort of his own home.  Luckily there is a camping marathon on TV, but he needs to plug in his TV to the campground's outlet.  Time to suit up Scaredy Squirrel style!  When traveling through a campground, there are many dangers to for which you must prepare, including skunks, mosquitos, quick sand, and penguins.  But in true SS fashion, you will soon learn how to not only prepare with a lengthy yoga and obstacle course sequence, but also how to overcome your fears and enjoy the true beauty of camping.

I love Scaredy Squirrel!  You might remember that I reviewed his Christmas book and the rest of the series, so of course I'm a fan.  I really appreciate how he gives real life advice for all of us that hate venturing outside.  I will now be properly armed against penguins, simply distract them with popsicles. I know that I should overreact when I encounter a skunk and bath in gallons of tomato juice.  I know that concrete will act as a counter balance to quick sand.  This is the kind of the DIY camping book that I can really get behind!

Also, Scaredy Squirrel teaches you that your fears are largely unnecessary.  Camping is not scary.  There are actually very few penguins involved, and lots of marshmallows, so it's worth the occasional risk.  Despite all of his worry, things worked out just fine.

In some ways, Scaredy Squirrel is demonstrating a valuable life lesson.  You can worry about and prepare for danger all you want, but most likely, you're going to be fine.  And you might even have fun.  And when all else fails, play dead.  Words to live by.

So, grab your camping gear, and don't forget about that tomato juice, and get ready for some serious fun.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment