Monday, October 22, 2012

My New Favorite Bar

When Doug and I first took a look at this house, Doug kinda feel in love with the manly bar that was installed in the basement.  Too bad the old owner took it with him.  Ever since, it has been Doug's mission to build his own bar, a library bar if you will.  It's less about loud music and kegs than good books and good drinks.  

So, here's the reveal!



Doug did a lot of work.  First up, he brought some lighter colors into the room, with one blue accent wall and the rest are a nice pale yellow, which looks more tan in person.  Also, check out those awesome bookcases.  Thank you Billy from Ikea.  As you can see, they aren't full yet, but they are getting there.  One side is for Doug and his classics and engineering texts and the other side is for my kids books, and random other stuff.


Moving right along, we have the old futon that has been my constant companion since graduating from undergrad.  And in the corner you have the bar.  Let's take a closer look!


It's so beautiful!  I'd love to tell you all about how Doug built the bar, and what type of wood he used and all that, but I honestly have no idea.  I just know that he worked on it a lot and I'm ready for him to hang out with me and dog for a while instead of hanging out in the garage sanding, staining and playing with power tools.


I can tell you that the bar stools are from Bed, Bath and Beyond and that they are pretty comfy.  And that base cabinet is courtesy of Menard's.  Base cabinets are kinda our new favorite things since Doug put in this one, and he fancied one up to be a great buffet in our dining area.


Even Lucy loves it down there.  She just curls up with one of us on the futon, or plays with her toys on the floor.  So far she hasn't done too much damage to the new pillows, but I'm sure she'll try.

So, if you are ever in the neighborhood and you need a nice place to hang out by the fire, have a drink, and read a good book, I've got your spot!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment