Thursday, October 11, 2012

Whooo's Here?

I mentioned yesterday in my random ramblings that I would have the Reading is a Hoot car at my church's trunk or treat this fall.  I have purchased a bunch of decorating supplies, and I will hopefully spend my weekend crafting a bunch of little owlets from yarn, fabric and scrapbook paper.  I also have to buy some favors and treats and such.  But this thing is about reading, and I remembered that I did a fun storytime for my preschools a couple of years ago-way before the owl trend I might say!  I'm a visionary people.



Whoo’s Here for Storytime?
"I'm Not Cute!": I'm Not Cute!

Opening Song:  Roll Your Hands
Roll, roll, roll, your hands, fast as fast can be!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily roll your hands with me!
Mix it up:  clap, wiggle, go slow

Book:  I’m Not Cute by Jonathan Allen

Rhyme:  Wide-eyed Owl
There’s a wide-eyed owl with a pointed nose
Owl Babies Two pointed ears and claws for toes.  
He lives way up in a tree
And when he looks at you
He flaps his wings and says Whoo Whoo!

Book:  Owl Babies by Martin Waddell

Rhyme:  Five Little Owls
Five little owls on a moonlit night
Five little owls are quite a sight
Five little owls, are you keeping score?
One flew away, and then there were four!
Cock-a-doodle-hooooooo! Four little owls, happy as can be,
One flew away and then there were three.
Three little owls calling who, who
One flew away and then there were two.
Two little owls having lots of fun
One flew away and then there was one.
One little owl, we are almost done,
He flew away and that leaves none.

Book:  Cock-a-doodle-hoooo! By Mick Manning

Bear's New Friend Rhyme: Ostrich
Here is the ostrich straight and tall
Nodding his head above us all
Here is the hedgehog prickly and small
Rolling himself into a ball.
Here is the spider scuttling around
Treading so lightly on the ground
Here are the birds that fly so high
Spreading their wings across the sky
Here are the children fast asleep
And in the night, the owls do peep.
Sleeping Cutie
Book:  Bear’s New Friend by Karma Wilson
Rhyme:  Owl Song
I’m a great big owl, as you can see
I live high up in a tree
All the other birds wake me up when they play
Because I like to sleep all day.

Book:  Sleeping Cutie or Little Hoot

Closing Song:  Thank You Clap
My hands say thank you with a clap, clap, clap.
My feet say thank you with a tap, tap, tap
Clap, clap, clap, tap, tap, tap.
And now we say goodbye
Little Hoot












No comments:

Post a Comment